We are probably all aware of goal setting which focus is very much on the future. Intentions allow us to live in the moment. They allow us to live in alignment to ourselves and help us to live according to our purpose.
By setting Intentions we can see if our beliefs and values are actually ours and not ones that we have just inherited from our parents or those around us. It can really open our eyes and make us aware if we are living to our full purpose.
What are my some of my daily intentions?
* I intend to stay open to possibilities today
* I choose to see things in the light, not the darkness.
* I choose to stay connected to my goals
* I intend to stay connected with my family and friends
* To remember I am doing my best
* I intend to be patient with myself and others around me
* To trust that everything is happening as it should be
* To be thankful for this and every breath
* To remember to rest when I need to
* To choose love at every opportunity
* To nourish my body lovingly
* To move my body in celebration not of hate
* I intend to live in gratitude and notice all that I have
* To treat myself with the upmost love and respect
* To find the joy in the smallest things
As you can see these are much different to goal and different from positive affirmations. It is great to have that intention set so if something triggers you through out the day, you can think back to your intentions before snapping and think, am I seeing this in the light/ am I being patient?
Sounds simple right, but it will take practice. It really helps to have these intentions on display somewhere you can see them. It can be on your fridge, bathroom mirror, your desk or even your car radio. The point is that it is there reminding you. These are just some of my Intentions but it will really help to set your own. Of course feel free to use mine if they feel true to you but please use them as inspiration to fuel your own.
Exercise: Sometime today or in the next few days, try to grab a journal or a piece of paper and set a timer for 5 minutes. In that 5 minutes just write out anything you can think of. Do this when you are in a calm and relaxed state. What intentions you wish to have for that day and how you would like to feel. Putting these intentions out in to the world will really help to get you out of your own head. Clearly stating how you intend to feel rather than wishing to feel a certain way gives you the control. Don't leave feeling good up to chance, take control. Choose to feel good. And if this doesn't feel right to you right now, choose another intention that does feel right for you. Maybe its to show yourself a bit more kindness and patience or allowing yourself to be gentle with yourself, or enjoy something in nature today.
I have still got the daily planner on the blog in which you could add your daily intentions to in the notes section here:
Daily health and fitness planner
Comment below and let me know if you have a practice similar to this or if you are going to adapt this one. You can use the same intentions each day as long as you read through them and make sure they are still in alignment to your true self. You can add or take from this list whenever you choose. Don't see this as a chore but an invitation to grow and show yourself some self care.
Have an awesome weekend!